This means meeting the standards for safety-related semiconductor elements such as Intellectual Property (IP) and Integrated Circuits (ICs). SGS has the regulatory knowledge and system on chip (SoC) industry experience to help.
SGS Functional Safety Services for Semiconductors
To support the evolution and acceptance of standards within the industry and beyond, we have developed a series of certification marks, e.g., “ASIL X ready”, “ASIL X compliant”, etc. These certification marks help our semiconductor customers to underline the achievement of compliance to various standards.
In addition, we also deliver an extensive range of analysis, assessment, audit, technical consultation and training services:
- Gap analysis for compliance of semiconductor development processes to ISO 26262 and other standards (e.g. IEC 61508, IEC 62443-4-1, ISO/SAE 21434)
- Consulting for implementation of ISO 26262 (or IEC 61508) compliant processes in semiconductor development
- Consulting for implementation of ISO/SAE 21434 (or IEC 62443-4-1) compliant processes
- Support in safety case creation
- Provision of generic templates and consultancy supporting the creation of specific work products
- Continuous coaching of safety engineers to fulfil specific tasks, such as FMEDA, safety analysis workshops, including D-FMEA, DFA, FMEDA and FTA
- Support in safety manual creation
- Review and evaluation of planned/implemented safety measures
- Review of security concepts and security measures
- Semiconductor-specific expert safety analysis according to standards, including ISO 26262, TR 62380, SN 29500
- Consulting in failure evaluation and related distribution
- Functional Safety Process Audit
- Functional Safety Assessments according to ISO 26262 (or IEC 61508), ISO/PAS 19451, including certification of ICs and IPs as, for example, “ASIL x ready” or “ASIL x compliant”
- Semiconductor-specific training courses on interpreting ISO 26262 requirements
- Personal qualification as a Semiconductor Automotive Functional Safety Professional (SC-AFSP)
- Factory inspections according to safety standards, such as ISO 26262 (or IEC 61508)
- Assessment and certification of IPs and ICs as a Safety Element out of Context (SEooC) according to ISO 26262, part 10
- Certification of standard cell libraries (optional)
- Combined safety and security assessments, audits and certifications, such as ISO 26262 and ISO/SAE 21434, or IEC 61508 and IEC 62443)
With extensive experience and expertise in functional safety and security assessment and certification for semiconductors, we are able to support organisations as an expert partner in consortiums and alliances. We currently participate in numerous functional safety projects funded by grants.
Contact SGS today to learn more about our functional safety services.