In today’s global economy, consumer goods must comply with many differing national and international regulations and requirements. Failure to do so could result in unexpected costs, or worse, harm to end-users and irreparable damage to your brand. Fire safety and fire protection are major concerns.
At SGS, we have a global network of laboratories equipped with state-of-the-art fire testing expertise and equipment. Our highly trained experts work with you to understand and support your existing compliance program, or to create a new one tailored to your business needs.
Which Fire Properties Can We Test?
We can perform most of the existing tests in the domains of fire resistance of a product or a system (structural and material integrity, stability, insulation during a fire exposure) and reaction to fire/flammability for materials (behavior when exposed to a flame or heat radiation).
The following list highlights just a selection of the tests we offer:
- Rate of flame spread
- Smoke development
- Calorific values
- Self-ignition temperatures
- Flash ignition temperatures
- Non-combustibility, etc.
- Smoke density
- Flash over characteristics
- Carbon monoxide concentration
This list is not exhaustive, more tests are available. Our experts are happy to advise you.
Which Products Can SGS Offer Fire Safety Testing for?
Covering the whole spectrum of consumer goods and transportation methods, our services cover:
- Aircraft: cabin interiors, cargo liners, insulation and seat cushions
- Apparel – children and adults
- Automotive interiors
- Building materials
- Bus and rail car and interiors
- Cargo liners
- Protective clothing
- Mattresses and mattress pads
- Panel walls
- Passenger vessel materials
- Sleeping bags
- Upholstered furniture and materials
- Wall coverings
- Wire and cabling
Our test reports are recognized and accepted by many of the world’s leading authorities and include, amongst others, ASTM, NPFA, CPSC, FAA, IMO, ISO, EN, CN, BS, NF, and DIN.
Within our global network of laboratories sited across the Americas, Europe and Asia, we have dedicated facilities delivering fire and flammability testing for:
- Transportation – public and private sector, air, sea, land, passenger and cargo vehicles, against the standards required by major manufacturers and regulators
- Wires & cables – for all electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) in accordance with the test methods specific by authorities in the target market
- Consumer products – from building materials and building equipment to furniture and toys
Comprehensive Fire Resistance and Flammability Testing from an Expert Provider
Ensure your products are safe. Employ SGS to plan and deploy the appropriate flammability tests and programs for your products. Our extensive network of laboratories and scientists enables a fast and cost-effective response to your flammability testing needs.
Contact us today to find out more.