As new technologies emerge, automotive manufacturers and suppliers around the world are increasingly in need of support to guarantee their electric vehicles and vehicle components are safe and meet international standards and regulations.
At SGS, we are a world leader in automotive safety and testing. We provide the full scope of evaluations to ensure your electric vehicles and components meet all relevant safety and homologation requirements, with testing methods covering all aspects of design, development and production.
E-mobility vehicle services
- Battery testing in our automotive battery test house according to all relevant manufacturer and international standards, for abuse, thermal stability, life cycle, environmental simulation, high-voltage safety, performance, and other relevant tests
- Reliability testing of all other electronical and electrical parts including mechanical, climatic and corrosive tests besides other customized test as well as the test of connectors and press-fit contacts
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) tests according to all relevant standards
- Functional safety services in relation to ISO 26262, including training, personal certification, consulting, assessments and audits, or certification
- E-mobility homologation services including consultation and support, testing, issue of test reports and approval processing with the international approval authorities
SGS – your expert partner in E-mobility
We have vast experience in the e-mobility industry. We are actively involved with standardization bodies and offer full consultancy, testing and certification services to assist manufacturers in creating safe, efficient and economically viable electric vehicles and cars.