Driver and passenger comfort is essential for success in the automotive industry. Excessive noise and vibration can be caused by aerodynamics or mechanical and electrical systems, and when this is experienced inside the cabin it can be unpleasant or even unsafe.
SGS’s noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) services study the effects of noise and vibration inside a vehicle. While noise and vibration can be measured easily, harshness is more subjective. We test and measure the following factors, to ascertain their effect on the passenger and driver experience inside the vehicle:
- Modal analysis, vehicle body insulation, sound quality, door slam noise measurement, competitor comparison
- Sound pressure, power and quality measurements for the engine, fan and HVAC
- Acoustic treatment, material insulation properties
- Materials absorption and insulation
- Body bucks development
- Interior materials, vehicle body, door and window insulation
- Squeak and rattle noise measurements of seat, dashboard, radio and CD players
Why choose NVH services from SGS?
We partner leading original equipment manufacturers in the automotive industry including Ford, BMW, Nissan and Mercedes-Benz and test against an exhaustive list of International and manufacturers’ standards for noise vibration and harshness.