Avoid equipment failure and ensure the long working-life of machinery.
Proper lubrication is the single most significant contributor to the working life of machinery. Around 75% of all bearing failures are due to lubrication issues, caused by contamination or the wrong lubricant. That’s why proper lubrication is vital.
SGS oil condition monitoring (OCM) services help to prevent machinery failure through an effective machine operation and failure analysis program. Analysis of lubricating oil, greases and hydraulic fluids gives a fast and accurate picture of what is happening inside power generators, gearboxes, compressors, hydraulic systems and other critical machines. It also yields vital information on the condition of the oil itself.
Logistics and Sampling
SGS provides sample bottles, sample labels, and pre-addressed envelopes. Additional prepaid postage and customer branding are additional options. Customers take samples and ship to SGS labs.
Samples are received at an SGS lab and entered into SOFIA LIMS and samples are linked to a customer and specific asset/engine/component.
Depending on what was agreed with the customer, test packages are performed in accordance with quality standards.
Diagnosis is performed by experienced mechanical engineers with the help of pre-established parameters and extensive SGS experience.
The report is emailed to the customer normally 2 days after receipt of the sample. Client receives the report and makes decisions to act on the recommendation of SGS.
The report is auto published to SOFIA App and SOFIA Web to allow customers to access immediately. Additionally, many customers have data automatically linked to their maintenance platforms.
SOFIA Web Portal
Access our free, convenient web portal, which is available 24/7 and linked directly to the SGS LIMS system. Our web portal complements our SOFIA smartphone app and enables you to:
- Access a single database servicing all SGS locations in 30 countries and multiple languages
- Get easy access to past sample reports, sample data and labels
- Extract data into Excel for advanced data mining
- Print sample labels with bar codes to increase efficiency and accuracy
- Order sample bottles and supplies
- View, edit and extract component information
- Schedule samples on monitored equipment
- Generate reports and create a custom library of extracts
- Keep up to date with news and announcements
- Consolidate customers, distributors and sub-groups into one user login
- Gain immediate access to information and a single worldwide database with supports for 17 languages
- Access from anywhere through cloud-based technology
- Improve accuracy of sampling and registrations
- Improve registration speed
SGS Natural Resources Linkedin Showcase Page is Now Live
We’re delighted to announce that our brand-new Natural Resources LinkedIn showcase page is now live, featuring expert opinions, webinars, news on SGS’s latest solutions, and need-to-know market information.
SGS Fujairah Extends its Marine Fuel Oil Testing Capabilities
SGS is excited to announce that it has recently invested in Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GCMS) equipment at its Fujairah laboratory to assist clients when looking at chemical waste contamination in fuels.