Contact an expert to find out more
The US FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) is the most sweeping reform of US food safety laws in 70 years. It applies to covered facilities that manufacture, process, pack or hold food for humans or animals. Produce farms, US importers, shippers, receivers, loaders and carriers who transport food in the United States are also subject to FSMA. If your operation falls within this scope, then it must comply with all applicable elements of the regulation.
SGS can help you ensure compliance across your food facilities and supply chain with FSMA audit, testing, supplier verifcation and technical training services.
Contact us to learn how SGS can help you prepare for FSMA.
Whatever your role in the food supply chain – producer, processor, manufacturer, packer or importer – you may already have food safety programs, and likely certifications, in place. We provide comprehensive FSMA gap audits.
Through its global network of food labs, SGS can help you comply with the environmental monitoring, water testing, supply chain and allergen management requirements of FSMA. With a variety of FSMA testing protocols and expertise, SGS is the one-stop-shop for all your food testing needs.
Transparency-One, the FSMA compliance platform, facilitates the FSMA compliance journey by automating supplier verification and approval. Using cutting edge, cloud-based technology and real time supply chain data, it helps companies track their high risk ingredients to the source, providing manufacturers with:
- Supplier information: including products, ingredients, facilities and country of origin, with the ability to map supply chains
- Document management: capturing compliance documents, including certifications, audits and customized checklists for suppliers, products, and facilities
- Approvals and reporting: supporting an approval process for the declaration of information both internally and via the supplier portal for chain of custody.
If you own or operate a US facility, or are an importer covered by FSMA rules, there are auditing, risk assessment, testing, labeling, supply chain management, training and other requirements that apply to you. Our wide range of FSMA technical support services makes your journey toward compliance easier.
Our comprehensive new FSMA training program helps you and your employers understand and comply with the complex new rules. We offer courses in:
- FSMA Food Hygiene Practices
- Developing and Implementing FSMA Preventive Controls for Human Food
- Implementing GMP, HACCP and FSMA Preventive Controls for Human Food
- FSMA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI)
- FSPCA Preventive Controls Qualified Individual (PCQI) for Animal Food
- Environmental Monitoring Program (EMP) Training for Food Facilities
- FSPCA Foreign Supplier Verification Program (FSVP)
- Understanding US FDA Food and Allergen Labeling Requirements