In an everchanging global regulatory landscape, stay informed, stay compliant, remain competitive.
Discover our range of regulatory services to help you deliver safe and compliant cosmetic and personal care products to consumers all over the world.
With a global network of industry experts, backed by specialist laboratories and advanced digital technology, SGS is the first choice when ensuring your products are ready for your target market.
Combining Artificial Intelligence (AI) with SGS’s world-leading expertise in compliance, SGS Digicomply gives you access to targeted regulatory information from around the world. In an increasingly complex, global regulatory landscape, SGS Digicomply is the best way to ensure compliance and remain competitive in the marketplace.
SGS Digicomply lets you:
- Search relevant texts – multiple reliable sources, all translated into English
- Customize feeds – giving you only relevant information
- Access validated summaries of regulatory requirements
- Build shareable dossiers of customized data collections
Learn more about our dedicated SGS Digicomply service for the cosmetics and personal care, household care and hygiene industries.
Consumers and regulatory authorities demand evidence that your cosmetics and personal care items are safe.
Before launching a new product, it must undergo a safety assessment – Cosmetic Product Safety Report (CPSR) in the EU and Toxicological Risk Assessment (TRA) in the US, Canada, Australia & ASEAN countries.
Our experienced safety assessors look at:
- Formulation – ensure a product does not pose a risk to consumers under normal or reasonably foreseeable conditions
- Ingredients – look for possible negative interactions within the formulation
- Potential hazards of individual ingredients
- Usage – how consumers will probably use the product (e.g. how often, etc.)
Make sure your product’s labeling is clear and complies with the demands of consumers and regulatory bodies.
Our documentation review service includes:
- Package labeling review – we review your ingredients’ list and packaging labels based on regulatory requirements. Includes specific market requirements relating to allergen labeling
- Ingredient Safety Data Sheets (MSDS) – review or prepare the required list of raw materials
- Document validation – ensure the documents you submit are accurate and complete. Our experts will ensure you have completed all necessary documents and can assist with claim authentication
- Product Information File (PIF) – we check and review data in accordance with the Cosmetics Product Regulation (EC) 1223/2009 (EU only)
As an independent partner, and the world leader in inspection, testing and certification services, we offer turnkey and innovative solutions to help you verify the safety, efficacy and quality of your cosmetics and personal care products.
With our global network of ISO/IEC 17025 accredited laboratories and human panel testing sites covering all major markets, we have the capabilities in place to help you successfully access international markets and add value to your brand.