Agriculture and Food Forest Inventory and Consulting
SGS’s forest plantation inventory and forest plantation consulting services help you to minimize the risks associated with both existing and planned forest inventories.
We evaluate both the economic and environmental implications of your forest planting projects, working in various regions and particular soil, water and weather conditions.
We provide complete, independent assessments of inventories relating to developing and existing plantations, helping you to establish confidence within the industry and the investment community. Our forest inventory defines exactly what is available now, and assesses the prospects for future exploitation. We can also include an assessment of the solid bio fuels potential of your forests.
Our forest inventory allows you to create a strategy for the technical management of your forest(s), estimate the financial implications of different actions, and decide if you need investment. One of our typical forest inventories includes:
- Description of location, access roads, surroundings, neighboring plantations
- Surface verification
- Description of environmental limitations, protection of the plantations, socio-economic conditions
- Sampling of the forest tree inventory, plus numbers, growth and volumes
- Apparent health of the plantation
- Description of renewal availability
- Harvest related assessments
- Photographic reporting and satellite picture mapping
If you do not have access to research resources and updates on current technologies, trends and equipment, our forest plantation consultancy services can help. We can show you how to get this information, support you in improving your existing practices, and help you achieve improved efficiencies and returns.
Our forestry consultancy services include:
- Application of agriculture forestry technology
- Good forest practice and harvest
- Pest protection and undesirable species control
- Soil management
Contact SGS now to discover how our forest inventory and consulting services can help minimize your risks by evaluating the economic and environmental implications of your planting plans.
Contact an Expert
Find out how All Species ID can help to meet your needs.