Agriculture and Food GLOBALG.A.P. Aquaculture Certification
Demonstrate the environmental and social sustainability, as well as food safety, traceability and animal welfare standards of your farmed seafood through the GLOBALG.A.P. Standards with SGS.
Environmental and social responsibility, food safety, traceability and animal welfare standards in farmed seafood are becoming increasingly important requirements in the marketplace. Certification to the GLOBALlG.A.P. Farm, Compound Feed and Chain of Custody standards, with SGS, allows you to demonstrate your commitment to retailers and consumers alike and gain access to key seafood markets for your products.
Why use GLOBALG.A.P. Certification from SGS?
GLOBALG.A.P. Certification is currently available for all aquaculture species and becoming certified can help you:
- Assure everyone involved in the aquaculture industry that your organization strictly adheres to practices that minimize environmental impacts, and complies with the highest level of social responsible practices, food safety standards and animal welfare standards when producing sustainable seafood products
- The Chain of Custody Standard also assures consumers that GLOBALG.A.P. labeled product comes from sustainably produced and audited facilities
- Meet the requirements of the major global retailers whose seafood sourcing policies require GLOBALG.A.P. certification on an ever-increasing scale and providing you access to key seafood markets
We provide independent inspection, testing, certification and technical support solutions for the entire aquaculture industry supply chain. Depending on your facility, Farm, Compound Feed and Chain of Custody GLOBALG.A.P. certification covers areas such as:
- Food safety
- Animal welfare
- Workers occupational health and safety
- Environment (including biodiversity)
- Sustainable sourcing
Why choose SGS?
If you require GLOBALG.A.P. certification for farm, compound feed or for chain of custody, we are positioned to audit against the highest levels of standards. Our global presence of seafood professionals and harmonized approach gives you access to the largest independent network of auditors in the world.
Contact us to learn how we can help you with GLOBALG.A.P. certification.
Catch Up On Our Food Webinars
Stay up to date with on-demand webinars from our experts.