Learn how to conduct internal audits of a food safety management system (FSMS) based on ISO 22000:2018.
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to perform an internal audit of part of a FSMS based on ISO 22000 (or equivalent) and report on its effective implementation and maintenance, in accordance with ISO 19011.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- With reference to the plan-do-check-act (PDCA) cycle, explain the process-based FSMS model for ISO 22000, and the role of internal audit in the maintenance and improvement of FSMS
- Explain the role and responsibilities of an auditor in the planning, conduct, reporting and follow up of an internal FSMS audit, in accordance with ISO 19011
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an internal audit of part of a FSMS based on ISO 22000 and in accordance with ISO 19011
In order to adapt to you learning style and needs, this course is available as Classroom Based, Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) or eLearning. Depending on the selected method, this course can be delivered over 2 days, 16 hours or 105 minutes (self-paced) and will conclude with an exam, where applicable.
If attending the CQI/IRCA certified course (2023- PT 252) you will be required to pass both an examination and continuous assessment and will be issued with a Certificate of Achievement that satisfies the formal training for an individual seeking certification as a CQI/IRCA internal auditor. The certificate is valid for five years from the date of the exam, for the purpose of certification as an auditor with the CQI/IRCA.
If you attend the SGS Approved version of this course, you will be issued with a certificate on final completion.
Before starting this course, you are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- Management systems:
- Understand the plan-do-check-act (PDCA) cycle
- Food safety management:
- A basic knowledge of the concepts of food safety management including HACCP, hazard analysis, hazard and risk assessment and management, etc. and the relationship between food safety management and customer satisfaction and customer food safety requirements
- Understand commonly used food safety management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 22000
- ISO 22000:
- An understanding of the requirements of ISO 22000 which may be gained by completing an IRCA certified FSMS Foundation training course or equivalent
Trusted ISO 22000 Training from a Leading Course Provider
As a leader in professional training, we draw on years of global experience. Our courses are delivered in multiple languages and locations by approved tutors, specialists in the area who can support you on your professional journey.
Contact us today to enroll on the SGS Academy ISO 22000 FSMS internal auditor training course.