Photovoltaic (PV) module certification from SGS – PV module testing and certification to ensure that your modules comply with international standards.
PV modules must meet a range of regulations and standards before they can be considered suitable for sale and for renewable energy funding programs. Our PV module certification services provide you with photovoltaic module testing and certification to ensure that your modules meet the required international standards and confirm quality testing by an independent third party.
Why choose PV module certification from SGS?
We can help you:
- Gain effective photovoltaic module testing for performance, durability, safety and compliance with legal regulations
- Ensure that your modules comply with a range of international standards including IEC 61215, IEC 61646, IEC 61730-1/2, ISO 9000, ISO 14001
- Assure that your PV modules are certified and suitable for sale and for renewable energy funding programs
- Gain prequalification and retesting for PV modules of up to 2.60 meters by 2.20 meters in size and all module technologies
- Enjoy fast turnaround times of less than four months with our national and international accredited photovoltaic module testing laboratory
World-leading PV Module Certification from a Trusted Provider
Recent innovations in renewable energy technologies have left behind many of the directives and regulations that previously covered this field. National and international regulators are working on improving existing regulations and adopting new ones to create an adequate framework for further developments in renewable energies.
As a trusted world leader in PV module certification, we develop test methods, and collaborate on research and development projects for the use of solar energy.
Our global knowledge, expertise and state-of-the-art facilities for solar technology ensure manufacturers develop better solar products that are marketable worldwide. As a market leader we offer not only testing and certification but are able to serve the entire value chain of the photovoltaic industry.
Our PV module certification services are in line with International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC) standards and include:
- Power measurements to standard test conditions (STC)
- Performance at low irradiance
- Performance to nominal operating cell temperature (NOCT)
- Performance evaluation in maritime climate (salt mist) and corrosive gas climate (NH3)
- Measurement of temperature coefficients
- Climatic tests (such as damp-heat, thermal cycling and humidity-freeze)
- Ultra violet (UV) preconditioning tests
- Hot spot endurance tests
- Mechanical load tests
- Push tests
- Hail impact tests
- Electrical safety tests
- Wet leakage current tests
- Insulation tests
- Ground continuity tests
- Outdoor exposure tests
- Impulse voltage tests
- Electroluminescence test and IR testing
- Factory inspections
Contact us today to find out how our PV module certification services can help you assure compliance with the relevant national and international standards.
201 Route 17 North,
7th and 8th Floors,
Rutherford, New Jersey, 07070