Comprehensive carbon capture and storage service.
A wide range of technical services for the feasibility, planning, development and operational stages of carbon capture and storage projects.
Carbon Capture and Storage (CCS) is an important emissions reduction technology that can be applied across the energy system. CO2 can be captured from sources such as coal-fired power plants or cement plants and recycled or transported to a storage site and injected underground so that it is not released into the atmosphere. The application of this technology is considered essential in the global energy transition in support of decarbonization.
Our capabilities include:
- Subsurface modeling and risk analysis
- Advanced geomechanical laboratory analysis techniques
- Greenhouse Gas (GHG) verification services
- Health and safety management
- Supply chain assurance and project supervision
With extensive experience of carbon sequestration and underground gas storage projects, we offer the expertise to support the future development of carbon capture, utilization and storage (CCUS) projects.
Why choose carbon capture, utilization and storage from SGS?
We help you to:
- Optimize facility engineering, construction and operations
- Ensure the integrity, reliability, quality and safety of engineered systems
- Achieve capital and operating cost targets
- Audit, troubleshoot and benchmark to internal or international standards
- Reduce technical and financial risk
- Optimize procurement management
- Meet project management objectives cost effectively
Our subject matter experts understand your operational needs and can harness the world’s most comprehensive range of integrated inspection and analytical testing services, powered by the latest technology and digital tools.
The SGS Subsurface Consultancy team can support the following:
- Identification, screening and ranking of potential CO2 storage sites
- Subsurface mapping and modelling of structural traps
- Seismic interpretation, petrophysics, reservoir characterization and 3D static modelling
- Development of coupled multicomponent dynamic models
- Prediction of trapping mechanisms (e.g.: structural and stratigraphic, residual, solubility and geochemical trapping) and optimization of CO2 injection
- Seal characterization and geomechanical appraisal of caprock integrity
- Estimation and verification of CO2 storage capacity (SPE-SRMS)
- Defining well design, well injectivity and well planning solutions
- Development of monitoring programs for storage sites and analyze acquired data
- Asset and reservoir integrity (monitoring)
- Understanding of microbial interactions in the subsurface, and asset infrastructure and mitigation of risks using SGS MiRAS
- Risk assessment
The SGS Advanced Technologies and Innovation Center (ATIC) can support:
- Analytical studies of CO2 trapping mechanism
- Design and build prototype micromodels
- Analytical studies of CO2 dispersal mechanism
- Incl. HPHT core flooding and slim tube tests
- Analytical studies for the assessment of potential formation damage
Plus, we offer services in relation to:
- Measurement and monitoring
- Carbon management solutions
- Third-party greenhouse gas emission verification and assessment
- Design verification
- Mechanical testing of pipelines and injection plant equipment
201 Route 17 North,
7th and 8th Floors,
Rutherford, New Jersey, 07070,