Many countries, states, and municipalities have specific requirements concerning water quality. Water must be free from harmful contaminants, such as bacteria, heavy metals and pesticides, to protect the environment and ensure public safety.
Looking for something specific?
Search within Water Quality Testing
SGS Water Quality Testing
We offer a comprehensive range of water analysis services to help you fulfill your regulatory requirements. Analyses include volatile organics, semi-volatile organics, pesticides, PCBs, herbicides, a variety of petroleum hydrocarbon analyses, metals, microbiology, and general chemistry methods, such as minerals, residue, anions, and nutrients. Each matrix has specific requirements and methods.
Our testing services include:
- Drinking water – segregated from other analyses to provide low-level reporting requirements; numerous large-scale lead analysis projects for municipalities and schools currently underway
- Groundwater – SGS leads the way in performing some of the largest and most complex groundwater investigations ever undertaken
- Surface water – uses low-level methods to meet federal or local regulations
- Wastewater – offering both pre- and post-treatment analysis to verify permit requirements for discharged waste
- Storm water – monitoring industrial and agricultural runoff following significant rain events
- Specialty testing – for explosives/energetics, dioxins/furans, PCB congeners, perfluorinated compounds (PFAS) and radiological analyses
- Ballast water and grey water
Why choose SGS?
With local expertise backed-up by global capabilities, we can help you comply with local laws and policies concerning water quality. Our advanced methods require the collection of smaller sample volumes, reducing the cost of field sampling and transportation, while still delivering superior results.
Contact your local SGS office to learn more about water quality testing.