Saudi Quality Mark (SQM) from SGS – demonstrate compliance with requirements for exporting regulated products to Saudi Arabia._x00D_
The Saudi Standards and Quality Organization (SASO) requires manufacturers and traders wishing to export regulated products to Saudi Arabia to apply for the Saudi Quality Mark (SQM) through an authorized certification body. The SQM will be granted for use on products that have demonstrated compliance to Saudi standards and have been manufactured in a facility that has an effective management system to ensure continuous conformance to requirements. The SQM is valid for three years.
SGS is approved by SASO as a notified body for the Saudi Quality Mark.
Products Requiring the SQM
- Liquefied petroleum gas appliances and accessories
- Flat steel and iron products
- Steel bars
- Ready-mix concrete
- Ceramic tiles
- Aluminum composite panels
- Oxo-biodegradable additives
- Electrical extension cords
- Plugs, switches and sockets for household and general use
Voluntary application can be made for any other product category, including food and beverages.
Steps to Acquiring the SQM
- Online application to be made on the SASO portal
- Document review, including quality documents – test reports, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, etc.
- Factory audits
- Corrective actions
- Final review and approval, by SASO, of license to use Saudi Quality Mark
- Surveillance audits
SGS has extensive experience and expertise in managing conformity assessment programs around the world. We provide efficient, comprehensive and tailored solutions to ensure your shipments meet all applicable requirements.
To discuss the Saudi Quality Mark, contact us today.