SGS has opened a brand-new lighting testing laboratory in Suwanee, Georgia USA, expanding its global network of testing and certification services available to the luminaire industry.
The new, ISO/IEC 17025 and ISO 17065 accredited facility offers retailers and manufacturers across the US a ‘one-stop-shop’ for a comprehensive suite of environmental testing for lighting performance, energy efficiency, safety certification and RF/EMC.
As an EPA-recognized Certification Body, SGS has designed the new lab as a ‘one-stop-shop’ for the testing of all types of luminaires, from those used in the home to hazardous locations, encompassing flashlights, LED, smart lighting, mobile phones, commercial and automotive lights, horticulture and grow lights, industrial proven lights, and general luminaires.
Prathamesh Panchal, Engineering Manager, SGS, said: “In response to the growing industry demand from across the USA for our lighting testing and certification solutions, we are delighted to open this much needed new lab. It ensures we are even better placed to help retailers and manufacturers comply with stringent regulations and standards within an increasingly complex industry; enabling them to trade with the confidence and assurance needed in today’s global marketplace.”
The extended range of global certification schemes available include:
- Energy Star®, designed to improve efficiency of lighting products
- Zhaga, which aims to standardize interfaces of components of LED luminaires, and future-proof products for the next generation Zhaga-D4i nodes
- DLC (DesignLighting Consortium) a voluntary initiative for LED technology which requires products to comply with minimum performance standards in three key areas: distribution, color and longevity/stress
- CB Certification and NRTL certification for General Product Certification for the USA, Canada and international markets
- CE and UKCA product safety and testing solutions for access to the EU and the UK markets
SGS luminaires services
SGS works with manufacturers to create tailor-made solutions and provide a convenient one-stop-shop testing and certification service to ensure products are compliant with target market requirements to enable full market access to global supply chains. Adhering to regulations and standards is not only necessary, but helps to reduce risk, improve efficiency and ensure compliance throughout the manufacturing process.
We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for sustainability, quality and integrity. Our 97,000 employees operate a network of 2,650 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.
7th Floor, Hammoudah Tower,
Gulf Road, Fahaheel, 61008,
Kuwait City, Kuwait