Understand the approach and the requirements of an ISO 14001 environmental management system (EMS).
This certified course (2146-FD 113) will provide you with knowledge of the management system approach and requirements of ISO 14001:2015. It will also provide a basis for those who wish to continue to complete CQI/IRCA-certified EMS auditor training courses.
On completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Explain the process-based EMS model for ISO 14001:2015 with reference to the plan-do-check-act cycle
- Explain the terms and definitions used in ISO 14001:2015
- Discuss the benefits of structured environmental management
- Explain the specific environmental management-related requirements of ISO 14001:2015
In order to adapt to you learning style and needs, this course is available as Classroom Based or Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Depending on the selected method, this course can be delivered over one day or eight hours.
To successfully complete this course you will be required to attend the full course duration and pass the continuous assessment. You will then be issued with a Certificate of Completion.
Before starting the course, you are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- Management systems
- Understand the plan-do-check-act (PDCA) cycle
- Concepts of environmental management and the relationship between an organization’s activities, products and services and its environmental impacts
- Commonly used environmental management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 14001:2015
- The requirements of ISO 14001:2004
Trusted ISO 14001 Training from a Leading Course Provider
As a leader in professional training, we draw on years of global experience. Our courses are delivered in multiple languages and locations by approved tutors, specialists in the area who can support you on your professional journey.
Contact us today to enroll on the SGS Academy ISO 14001 EMS foundation training course.