Develop, maintain and apply socially acceptable practices across your workplace with SA8000 – the leading social certification standard.
This Social Accountability International (SAI) standard has evolved into an overall framework to help you demonstrate dedication to treating workers fairly. Created in 1989 by SAI, an affiliate of the Council on Economic Priorities, SA8000 is the most globally accepted, independent workplace standard for any organization.
SA8000 addresses issues, including:
- Forced and child labor
- Occupational health and safety
- Freedom of association and collective bargaining
- Disciplinary practices
- Working hours
- Management systems
SA8000 also embraces existing international agreements, including conventions from the International Labour Organization (ILO), Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) and UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (CRC).
Adopting SA8000 means that you must consider the social impact of your operations, in addition to your employee, partner and supplier working conditions.
Why choose SA8000 services from SGS?
- Confirm your commitment to social accountability, ethical treatment of employees and compliance with global standards
- Improve your supply chain management and performance
- Reduce the risk of negligence, public exposure and litigation
- Support your corporate vision, building and reinforcing employee, customer and stakeholder loyalty
- Demonstrate social accountability when bidding for international contracts or expanding locally to accommodate new business
Trusted SA8000 services from a world leader
As the world’s leading certification, testing, verification and inspection company, we provide in-depth expertise in SA8000 requirements. Our SA8000 audit enables you to develop and improve social accountability across your operations.
Partnering with us to achieve certification leads to improved processes and skillful talent, consistent and compliant supply chains, sustainable customer relationships, and a profitable and competitive advantage.