SGS acquires a majority stake in Nutrasource Pharmaceutical and Nutraceutical Services Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Nutrasource”).
Founded in 2001 and privately owned, Nutrasource is a global Contract Research Organization (CRO) in the nutraceutical and pharmaceutical industries focused on helping clients to achieve compliance and gain market entry for health and wellness products.
Headquartered in Guelph, Ontario, Canada, with a subsidiary in the USA (GRAS Associates LLC), the company provides clinical trial management, full regulatory support, testing services and product development R&D. Nutrasource also offers a series of third-party natural ingredient certification programs (NutraStrong™, IFOS™, IGEN™, IPRO™ and ICAP™).
Nutrasource has demonstrated consistent growth, with FY revenues of approximately CAD 20 million as of December 31, 2022. Nutrasource employs approximately 100+ highly skilled staff who will join our global network of clinical facilities and laboratories in the Americas, Europe, Africa and Asia. The initial investment is 60% of shares of Nutrasource, with the right to acquire the remaining 40% of shares in 2026.
Frankie Ng, CEO of SGS, said: “This acquisition expands our Health and Nutrition capabilities in North America and complements our global portfolio of solutions into the converging industries of health, nutrition and wellness. This further aligns SGS with the TIC megatrends, and supports our purpose of enabling a better, safer and more interconnected world."
We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for sustainability, quality and integrity. Our 97,000 employees operate a network of 2,650 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.