Ensure your employees understand the legislation on sexual harassment of women in the workplace. Book training now.
With the number of women in the workplace increasing, sexual harassment has become an important issue for organisations to address.
In 2013, to support the prevention of sexual harassment (POSH), the Government of India passed the Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act. All organisations with more than 10 employees must implement the rules of this act, which include having an internal complaints committee headed by a woman.
Organisations are also required to spread awareness of the act among their employees and to provide their employees with relevant training. POSH training is mandatory, and an organisation that fails to provide it could receive legal and monetary penalties.
Course Content and Objective
This course covers:
- Introduction to POSH
- Understanding sexual harassment
- Law and sexual harassment
- Protecting yourself
- Sexual harassment complaints
- Course summary and assessment
What will you learn?
On completion of this training course, you will:
- Be able to define sexual harassment
- Recognise situations that involve harassment
- Be able to describe the Prevention of Sexual Harassment (POSH) of Women at Workplace Act
- Be able to describe the legal provisions of the POSH of Women at Workplace Act
- Understand how to protect yourself and your co-workers from harassment
- Know how to report harassment
- Know how to deal with a complaint against you
- Understand ways of dealing with emotional trauma associated with incidents of harassment
Who should attend?
Every employee in organisations with more than 10 employees should take this course.
Trusted Prevention of Sexual Harassment [POSH] training from a leading course provider
As a leader in professional training, we draw on years of global experience. Our courses are delivered in multiple languages by approved tutors who can support you on your professional journey.
Contact us today to enrol in our SGS Academy Prevention of Sexual Harassment (POSH) training course.