Learn how to perform internal audits of occupational health and safety (OH&S) management systems against ISO 45001:2018.
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to perform first party audits of OH&S management systems against ISO 45001:2018 in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
On completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of an OH&S management system and the business and societal benefits of improving OH&S performance
- Explain the role of an auditor in the planning, conduct, reporting and follow-up of an OH&S management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021-1, where appropriate
- Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of an OH&S management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 45001:2018 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO/IEC 17021-1, where appropriate)
In order to adapt to you learning style and needs, this course is available as Classroom Based, Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT) or eLearning. Depending on the selected method, this course can be delivered over 2 days, 16 hours or 105 minutes self-paced and will conclude with an exam, where applicable.
Attending the CQI/IRCA certified course (1890-PT 249) you will be required to pass both an examination and continuous assessment to be issued with a Certificate of Achievement that satisfies the formal training for an individual seeking certification as a CQI/IRCA internal auditor. This certificate valid for five years from the date of the exam for the purpose of certification as an auditor with the CQI/IRCA.
If you attend the SGS Approved version of the course, will be issued with a certificate on final completion.
Before starting this training course, you are expected to have knowledge of the requirements of ISO 45001:2018, which may be gained by completing a CQI and IRCA certified OH&S Foundation Training Course or equivalent. Knowledge also includes the following OH&S management principles and concepts:
- OH&S sustainable development
- The purpose of an initial review as the basis for establishing an OH&S management system and the evaluation of activities, products and services associated with normal, abnormal and emergency operating conditions
- Consideration of risks and hazards in respect of:
- Workplace locations and activities both inside and outside the normal place of work
- Employees, visitors, vulnerable individuals and other interested parties in areas where the organization has control and influence over health and safety
- OH&S legislation and legal compliance as part of the OHS management system
- An appreciation of evaluation methods, risks and hazards, mitigation, and the identification of improvements (e.g. risk assessments and method statements)
Trusted ISO 45001 Training from a Leading Course Provider
As a leader in professional training, we draw on years of global experience. Our courses are delivered in multiple languages and locations by approved tutors, specialists in the area who can support you on your professional journey.
Contact us today to enroll on the SGS Academy ISO 45001 OH&S management systems internal auditor training course.
4B, Adi Shankaracharya Marg, Vikhroli (West),
Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400 083