Learn how to perform first-, second- and third-party audits of a business continuity management system (BCMS).
This certified course (2300-PR 363) will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to perform audits of BCMS against ISO 22301:2019 in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021, as applicable.
On completion of this training course, you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of a BCMS, BCMS standards, management system audits, third-party certification and the business benefits of improved performance of the BCMS
- Explain the role and responsibilities of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up a BCMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 and where appropriate)
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of a BCMS to establish conformity with ISO 22301 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate)
In order to adapt to your learning style and needs, this course is available as Classroom Based or Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Depending on the selected method, this course can be delivered over 5 days, 40 hours or in shorter online sessions, and will conclude with an exam.
To complete this course successfully you will be required to pass both examination and continuous assessment, and on completion will be issued with a Certificate of Achievement that satisfies the formal training for an individual seeking certification as a CQI/IRCA lead auditor. This certificate is valid for a period of five years from the date of the exam for the purpose of certifying as an auditor with the CQI/IRCA.
Before starting the course, you are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- Requirements of ISO 22301:2019
- Following business continuity management (BCM) principles and concepts:
- The purpose and benefits of a business impact analysis
- The principles of risk assessment and analysis
- Typical business continuity strategies
- Business continuity response options
- BCMS performance metrics, monitoring and performance measurement
- Exercise and testing methodologies
Trusted ISO 22301 Training from a Leading Course Provider
As a leader in professional training, we draw on years of global experience. Our courses are delivered in multiple languages and locations by approved tutors, specialists in the area who can support you on your professional journey.
Contact us today to enroll on the SGS Academy ISO 22301 BCMS auditor/lead auditor training course.