FSMA compliance gap assessments from SGS – assess your level of compliance with FSMA rules.
The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) is considered to be the most sweeping reform of US food safety laws in more than 70 years. Unlike previous food safety regulations, FSMA focuses on preventing contamination and requires organizations in the food industry to ensure safe practices throughout the supply chain. Our FSMA gap assessments will help importers and suppliers prepare for full compliance with US FDA regulations. We offer the following gap assessment services:
Gap assessment for primary regulations:
- Preventive Controls for Human Food (21 CFR part 117)
- Preventive Controls for Animal Food (21 CFR part 507)
- Produce Safety (21 CFR part 112)
- Intentional adulteration (21 CFR part 121)
- FSVP (Sub-part L)
- Dietary supplements (21 CFR part 111)
- Seafood HACCP (21 CFR part 123)
- Juice HACCP (21 CFR part 120)
- Addendum audits for GFSI standards (FSSC 22000, BRCGS, SQF, IFS)
- Conducting FSVP gap assessment at importer facility
- Onsite and offsite (remote) review of importer FSVP documentation
- Remote audits of supplier records
- Accredited FSMA FSVP certification of foreign suppliers
- Assessing the effectiveness of supplier evaluation and hazard analysis performed by importers
Intentional adulteration (food defense):
- Gap assessment for the Intentional Adulteration (IA) rule
- Combined gap assessment for IA Rule and Preventive Controls for Human Food
Why choose FSMA gap assessments from SGS?
Our gap assessments are comprehensive and designed around regulations, so you can be sure that all the elements of a specific regulation are assessed.
A Leading Global Supplier of Auditing and Certification Services for the Food Industry
With a presence in more than 130 countries, we have the largest independent network of food experts in the world. Our experts speak the local language, understand the culture of the local market and operate globally in a consistent, reliable and cost-effective manner. We offer efficient solutions to help safeguard quality, safety and sustainability throughout all stages of the food supply chain.
Contact us today to find out more about FSMA gap assessments.
4B, Adi Shankaracharya Marg, Vikhroli (West),
Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400 083,