EU Timber Regulation audit, training and certification services from SGS – meet the legal obligations that apply to timber and timber products on the European market.
Effective March 3, 2013, the EU Timber Regulation (995/2010) establishes the legal obligations of operators who place timber and timber products on the EU market for the first time, as well as those for traders. We can help you to comply with the regulations and assess the related risks.
Applicable across all EU member states this regulation requires operators to implement:
- A due diligence system
- A product information system, including source details
- Risk assessment procedures, to analyze and evaluate the risk of illegal timber reaching the market
- Risk mitigation procedures, to prevent illegal timber reaching the market
With extensive experience in forest management, forest products and chain of custody certification our global network of qualified auditors can help you comply with the EU Timber Regulation, assess the risks and conduct audits against the new standard. We offer services including:
- Training – to help organizations subject to the new regulation understand their role and responsibilities
- Due Diligence – we can provide an effective due diligence system that, correctly implemented, will facilitate your compliance
- Monitoring – we have been formally registered as an EU Timber Regulation (995/2010) Monitoring Organization by the European Commission
- Customized audit solutions:
- Audit service based on our Due Diligence Monitoring Guidelines
- Supply chain audit
- Client defined audit services
- Certification – chain of custody certification and third party verification schemes play an important role in a risk assessment and can be used to support a risk judgment. However, Chain of custody certification or third party verification does not provide evidence of legality on its own
Why choose EU Timber Regulation services from SGS?
We are the world’s leading independent body providing the Forest Product Chain-of-Custody certification and we have a history of undertaking and successfully executing large-scale, complex international projects. With a presence in every single region around the globe, our people speak the language and understand the culture of the local market and operate globally in a consistent, reliable and effective manner.
Contact us today to find out how our EU Timber Regulation services can improve your business.
- Understanding Regulation (EU) 995/2010 of the European Parliament and of the Council
- EUTR Due Diligence Guidebook
4B, Adi Shankaracharya Marg, Vikhroli (West),
Mumbai, Maharashtra, 400 083,