Assess your compliance with the Sustainability Initiative of South Africa (SIZA) with SGS.
SIZA is the South African-based ethical standard and program that assists agricultural suppliers with ethical labor and environmental practice compliance while minimizing costs. Open to producers, exporters, importers, retailers and other stakeholders across the supply chain, SIZA offers two types of assessment:
SIZA Social: a SIZA social (ethical) audit aims to help people living and working in agriculture drive ongoing improvements in socially responsible business practices.
SIZA Environmental: the SIZA environmental module can be offered in two different, but complementary, ways based on the market that you supply:
- SIZA Cares (Creating Awareness and Resilience in Environmental Sustainability) is a continuous improvement program, where a statistically significant sample of farms are visited to have their Environmental self-assessment questionnaires (SAQs) verified
- A third-party audit, where selected farms are visited to have their Environmental SAQ verified by an independent audit company, such as SGS
As a SIZA-accredited audit company, we can help you to verify your adherence to SIZA's core fair labor principles.
Trusted SIZA audits from a world leader
A successful audit from us leads to a SIZA official audit report. This will reinforce your compliance with SIZA's elements, enabling you to:
- Monitor and verify ethical compliance and environmental assurance best practices
- Benefit from capacity-building initiatives, including training programs, a comprehensive supportive toolkit and SIZA CARES, as well as audit oversight programs for being a SIZA member
- Enjoy SIZA digital record-keeping
- Access remedial and best-practice programs
- Enhance market engagement
Why choose a SIZA audit from SGS?
As the world’s leading certification, inspection, testing and verification company, we offer in-depth expertise in SIZA requirements. With over 30 years of social compliance field experience, our strong technical background translates into the approval to conduct SIZA audits.
We are a founding and full member of the leading industry association, the Association of Professional Social Compliance Auditors (APSCA). We have a global network of more than 800 experienced APSCA-enrolled auditors, in over 60 countries, to support your SIZA needs.
With decades of audit experience across the world, we can also provide consistent monitoring and reporting to support certification recommendations. We can guide you through the process while ensuring that professional standards are maintained.