Evaluate real human responses to food products based on sight, smell, touch, taste and hearing.
We eat with the full range of our senses. Evaluating food in terms of sense is now a vital part of any new food product’s development and marketing. It provides important insights into consumer behavior and quality assurance.
Capture real human responses
We offer the full suite of food sensory analysis services to support product development and enable trusted assessments of quality and taste. Our expert trained panels consider color, taste, odor and texture, capturing real human reactions using the following methods:
- Descriptive sensory analysis
- Duo-trio test
- Evaluation test with scale
- Panel test
- Ranking test
- Triangular test
This information can then be used to
- Change and improve raw materials, ingredients and additives
- Compare your products with the competition
- Define and test ‘best by’ & ‘best before’ dates
- Develop new products
- Examine long-term flavor profiles
- Grade or rate your products
- Observe storage stability
- Optimize your products
- Prepare product standards
Why choose SGS sensory analysis services for food?
We are recognized as the benchmark for quality and integrity in the food testing sector. Wherever you operate in the world, our dedicated food analysis and testing facilities are ready to provide high level insights into the sensory aspects of your food products to reduce product quality risks, ensure consumer satisfaction and gain competitive advantage.