Learn how to conduct first-, second- and third-party audits of a food safety management system (FSMS) against FSSC 22000 v5.1.
This certified course (2406-PR 372) will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to perform first-, second- and third-party audits of FSMS against FSSC 22000 V5.1, in accordance with ISO 19011:2018, ISO/TS 22003 and ISO/IEC 17021 1:2015, as applicable.
On completion of this training, you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of a FSMS, of FSMS standards and the business benefits of the improved performance of a FSMS
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up a FSMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011:2018 (and ISO 22003, including ISO 17021 1:2015 as applicable)
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up on an FSMS audit to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 22000:2018/FSSC 22000 or acceptable equivalent, and in accordance with ISO 19011:2018 (and ISO 22003, including ISO 17021 1:2015 as applicable)
In order to adapt to your learning style and needs, this course is available as Classroom Based or Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Depending on the selected method, this course can be delivered over 5 days, 40 hours or in shorter online sessions, and will conclude with an exam.
Attendees on this course will be required to pass both the examination and continuous assessment. On successful completion of both you will be issued with a "Certificate of Achievement" that satisfies the formal training for an individual seeking certification as a CQI/IRCA lead auditor. The "Certificate of Achievement" is valid for a period of five years from the date of the exam for the purpose of certifying as an auditor with the CQI/IRCA.
Before starting this course, you are expected to have knowledge of the requirements of FSSC 22000 V5.1 or acceptable equivalent, and the commonly used food safety management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 22000:2018, which may be gained by completing a CQI/IRCA certified ISO 22000:2018 (FSMS) training course or equivalent. The required knowledge also includes the following:
- Food safety management principles and concepts:
- PDCA cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the associated interrelationships
- Food safety management:
- Principles of food safety management including PRPs as specified in ISO 22000:2018/TS 22002 (all parts) and HACCP
- The relationship and improvement between food safety management and the provision of safe food products to prevent or minimize adverse effects on human health
- Awareness of common examples of relevant national and local FSMS legislation and requirements
Trusted FSSC 22000 ISO 22000 Training From a Leading Course Provider
As a leader in professional training, we draw on years of global experience. Our courses are delivered in multiple languages and locations by approved tutors, specialists in the area who can support you on your professional journey.
Contact us today to enroll on the SGS Academy FSSC v5.1 ISO 22000 FSMS auditor/lead auditor training course.