Since March 2021, all products imported into the Central African Republic (CAR) (from Chapter 02 to 99 of the Harmonized System) have been regulated under its pre-verification of conformity (PVoC) program. SGS provides, on an exclusive basis, PVoC services for all goods, covering verification and certification and ensuring conformity with international quality standards.
SGS manages the PVoC program on behalf of the Ministry of Commerce and Industry (MCI) and uses procedures developed in accordance with CAR requirements. Through a global network of experts and state-of-the-art facilities, we support global exporters, helping them to meet relevant standards and issuing the necessary certificate of conformity (CoC) for Customs clearance when the goods arrive in the CAR.
Following a decision taken by the MCI, ‘Déclaration d’information Commerciale’ (DIC) is no longer a mandatory document for conformity assessment purposes.
All requests for CoC must be made through the SGS Exporter Portal. Developed with the confidence of the MCI, this digital tool improves the customer experience by enabling the submission of requests through a secure web-based app. It is fast, easy to use and available 24/7.
Inspections for the CAR PVoC program can be conducted remotely by our inspectors using SGS QiiQ™. It is available for all goods unless otherwise specified. SGS QiiQ fully complies with ISO/IEC 17020:2012, enabling digital inspections as per WTO requirements.
There are three routes to obtaining a CoC:
- Route A – for unregistered traders and suppliers of manufacturers of sensitive goods
- Route B (Registration) – for registered suppliers of manufactured goods and for frequent exporters of homogeneous products
- Route C (Licensing) – for certified products from manufacturers and their authorized representatives
SGS, a TIC Council Member, is the world’s leading testing inspection and certification company whose value to society is enabling a better, safer and more interconnected world. We offer efficient and comprehensive solutions delivered by a dedicated team of experts to ensure your shipments meet the CAR’s requirements.
This article can also be found in our PCA Newsletter (Q2/2022) – keeping you up to date with developments in technical barriers to trade and product conformity assessment.
Read more in our PCA Newsletter
- Understanding South Sudan’s New Pre-Export Verification of Conformity (PVoC) Program
- Pre-shipment Verification of Conformity for Tanzania
- New Developments in Uganda’s PVoC Program
- Major Change in Cameroon – Extension of Cameroon Pre-Shipment Conformity Assessment Program to all Imported Goods
- The Challenge of Import Regulations in Africa and The Middle East
- Welcome to Our PVoC Kenya Community
- Conformity Assessment and Certification for Morocco
Subscribe to our PCA Newsletter
Subscribe to the PCA Newsletter by going to our Subscription Center, selecting Connectivity & Products at Step 1 and then the topic Government & Trade Facilitation at Step 2.
For more information, please contact: