Comply with Saudi Food & Drug Authority (SFDA) technical regulations and GSO/SASO standards with a certificate of conformity from SGS.
The Kingdom of Saudi Arabia requires that all consignments of cosmetics and food products exported to the country comply with Saudi Food & Drug Authority (SFDA) Technical Regulations and GSO/SASO standards.
As an SFDA approved Certification Body, we can issue a certificate of conformity before the shipment of goods to confirm compliance and ensure clearance of your consignments at Saudi ports and borders.
Why choose SFDA certificate of conformity services from SGS?
We can help you:
- Ensure compliance with SFDA technical regulations and GSO/SASO standards
- Acquire your SFDA certificate of conformity
- Ensure smooth and quick clearance of your consignments at Saudi customs
The scope of certification includes:
- Technical evaluation of the documents
- Physical inspection and sampling
- Testing and analysis in accredited laboratories (per consignment)
- Checking conformity with regulations and overall assessment of conformity to the required standards
- Label review based on SFDA requirements
- Container loading supervision followed by container sealing
- Certificate issuance
Trusted Certification from an SFDA Approved Certification Body
We have been assisting SFDA with its cosmetic certification program for several years. As a reliable partner, SFDA has chosen SGS as an approved Certification Body for this program.
FASEH Platform for Cosmetic Products
Businesses exporting, or importing, to the KSA must apply for a Certificate of Conformity (CoC) for all shipments. To facilitate this, the SFDA provides the FASEH platform on which importers need to raise request for their conformity body (CB), such as SGS, to issue a CoC.
PCA Program for Food
Since 2020, we have also been approved by the SFDA to conduct product certification for food products being exported/imported to the KSA.
We provide extensive expertise and experience, managing conformity assessment programs around the world. As a result, we offer you efficient, comprehensive and tailored solutions to ensure your shipments meet all applicable requirements.
To discuss your SFDA certificate of conformity requirements, contact us today.