Understand and monitor your business partners' performance against amfori BSCI's Code of Conduct (COC).
amfori BSCI was developed in 2003 by the Foreign Trade Association, a leading global business association for open and sustainable trade. It aims to help companies enhance human prosperity, use natural resources responsibly and drive open trade globally.
The amfori BSCI system, based on a common COC, offers organizations a step-by-step approach to putting sustainable trade at the heart of its work by:
- Engaging with your business partners and monitoring their social performance
- Becoming empowered and receiving support
By taking part in amfori BSCI and becoming a member, you can:
- Improve your supply chain’s social performance
- Reduce costs and increase efficiency
- Have a clear and consistent approach that highlights best practices
- Improve your business’ resilience to industry and market changes
- Improve your reputation by meeting customer and stakeholder expectations
As an amfori auditing partner, we can help you to monitor your supply chain against amfori BSCI COC requirements. Effectively, this means monitoring your supply chain’s progress in implementing and improving sustainable business practices.
Evaluation scheme structure
amfori BSCI audits assess a producer against amfori BSCI COC values and principles, which translate into 13 interconnected Performance Areas (PAs):
- The social management system and cascade effect
- Workers’ involvement and protection
- The rights of freedom of association and collective bargaining
- No discrimination
- Fair remuneration
- Decent working hours
- Occupational health and safety (OHS)
- No child labor
- Special protection for young workers
- No precarious employment
- No bonded labor
- Protection of the environment
- Ethical business behavior
The amfori BSCI audit process
The amfori BSCI audit process may consist of full and follow-up audits. Full audits take place every two years and cover all 13 performance areas. Follow-up audits are conducted in between and only focus on those PAs that need new evidence of progress from the auditee.
Each audit results in a rating, from A to E, which reflects the extent to which the auditee has integrated the amfori BSCI COC into its daily business and operations.
Why choose amfori BSCI audit services from SGS?
As the world’s leading certification, testing, inspection and verification company, we provide extensive experience in amfori BSCI requirements, conducting thousands of audits against the scheme. We employ a dedicated team and global scheme manager to ensure the consistency of auditing in countries across the world.
We are a founding and full member of the leading industry association, the Association of Professional Social Compliance Auditors (APSCA). As an amfori auditing partner, we have a global network of more than 800 experienced APSCA-enrolled auditors in over 60 countries, available to support your amfori BSCI needs.
Our global network of auditors enables a quick and cost-effective response in most major manufacturing areas. We can also supply dedicated key account managers to support large-scale programs.