Consumers want to buy well-designed, functional, durable and safe products. SGS assists manufacturers, retailers and buyers do just that by checking a product’s compliance against regional, national and international standards (EN, ASTM, ISO, JIS, AUS/NZ, SASO…) as well as your own specifications.
Looking for something specific?
Search within Furniture
From initial design concept, through production and into stores we help you with services including:
- Product safety & performance testing – performance, furniture durability, flammability, chemicals, electrical safety, textile, accelerated weathering
- Consultancy & technical assistance – expert assistance every step of the way
- Factory, social and environmental audits – ensuring effective supply chain management
- Inspection & production control – production and packaging monitoring and quality control
- Staff & supplier training
- Self-assembly furniture consumer panels – testing assembly instructions
- Sustainability services – support for developing eco-friendly furniture
To help you to assess the safety and the durability of a wide range of indoor and outdoor furniture products for adults and children, including:
- Upholstered furniture
- Beds and mattresses
- Cabinets and storage units
- Seats, chairs and sofas
- Materials, components and finishes
- Children’s equipment, such as cots, high chairs, bunk beds and cradles
- Outdoor furniture, such as garden and camping furniture
- Kitchen furniture
- Bathroom furniture
- Office furniture
- Non-domestic furniture for restaurants, hotels and companies
Why choose SGS?
Our experts are on hand to provide the support you need, devise a tailored program of testing and ensure your products meet applicable furniture standards. Accredited to UKAS, HOKLAS, CNAS and VINAS, we are a member of BIFMA (Business and International Furniture Manufacturer’s Association), KCMC (Kitchen Cabinet Manufacturer’s Association) and BNBA (Bureau de Normalisation du Bois et de l’Ameublement).
In the event of problems of liability after manufacture, testing your furniture according to recognized standards can help you demonstrate that you took all necessary precautions to ensure the safety of the furniture.
Contact SGS today to enjoy the fruits of a partnership with the leading testing, certification and verification supplier.