Across the globe, a number of authorities protect consumers from the possible health risks posed by faulty goods. These include the Rapid Alert System for Non-Food Products (RAPEX) in Europe and the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) in the US.
Having your products recalled by these organizations is bad for your business. Recall campaigns cost money, damage your reputation and diminish future sales. That is why finding a trusted partner with world-leading expertise, experience and resources to help you ensure the safety of your products has never been more important.
Avoid product recalls with world-leading expertise from SGS
As a world leader in certification, inspection verification and testing, we offer you multidisciplinary knowledge of components, materials, production processes and safety requirements to help you avoid product recalls.
With our unique global network, we can verify the quality and safety of every aspect of your supply chain – from the conformity of your suppliers’ production processes to pre-shipment testing inspection – anywhere in the world.
We can help you:
- Ensure your products meet all applicable standards and regulations: our standards and regulations services help you to confirm that your products have been produced in decent working conditions without exploiting the people who made them. We also help you to confirm that your products do not present a serious risk to the health and safety of consumers within the countries you want to distribute your products
- Minimize risk at the earliest stage of your design: our product risk assessment services can enable you to ensure safety and quality by identifying potential hazards and finding solutions to help you produce a better product
- Test your product to ensure safety and quality at every stage: our product testing and certification services help you to incorporate critical construction and compliance requirements from the design stage to the end of the product life-cycle. We offer you accredited laboratories, together with factory assessments or product inspections, all over the world
- Avoid expensive product recalls: our pre-shipment inspections help you identify potential product defects or inconsistencies in batch quality. These can be performed on-site before, during and after production
- Become a more sustainable organization: through our comprehensive services and consulting capability, we can help you meet your social responsibility targets, produce more environmentally friendly products through effective ecodesign, and implement sound management of any restricted substances in your products
To discuss how we can help you protect your brand and avoid product recalls, contact us today.