ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Management Systems internal auditor training from SGS – learn how to perform internal audits of OHS management systems against ISO 45001:2018.
This course will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to perform internal audits of OHS management systems against ISO 45001:2018, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
What You Will Learn
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of an OHS management system and the business and societal benefits of improving OHS performance
- Explain the role of an auditor in planning, conducting, reporting and following up an OHS management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1, where appropriate
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an OHS management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 45001:2018 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO/IEC 17021-1, where appropriate)
This is a Chartered Quality Institute and International Register of Certificated Auditors (CQI/IRCA) certificated training course. Learners who successfully pass both the examination and continuous assessment will receive a certificate of achievement that satisfies the formal training requirement for certification as a CQI/IRCA internal auditor. The certificate of achievement is valid for a period of five years from the date of the last day of the course for the purpose of certifying as an auditor with the CQI/IRCA.
Learners who do not pass the exam and continuous assessment but have been in attendance for the full duration of the course will receive a certificate of attendance.
Before starting this course, learners should have an understanding of the requirements of ISO 45001:2018, which may be gained by completing a CQI/IRCA certified OHS foundation training course or the equivalent.
Learners should also have the following prior knowledge:
- Knowledge of the following OHS management principals and concepts:
- The concept of OHS sustainable development, whereby an organization must ensure that actions of today do not degrade the environment of the future
- The purpose of an initial review as the basis for establishing an OHS management system where none currently exists
- Evaluation of activities, products and services in order to establish the risks and hazards associated with normal operating conditions, abnormal conditions such as startup and shutdown and emergency situations and accidents
- An understanding of how to consider risks and hazards with respect to:
- Workplace locations
- Workplace activities
- Work-related activities carried out away from the normal place of work or base
- Employees, visitors and other interested parties in areas where the organization has control and influence over health and safety
- Vulnerable individuals within the workplace or under the organization’s control
- Knowledge of OHS legislation and how legal compliance forms part of an OHS management system
- A good appreciation of typical methods for evaluating risks and hazards and identifying how they can be mitigated, e.g. through risk assessments and method statements
Course duration: 2 days
Delivery methodology: face to face
Accreditation: CQI/IRCA certificated training course
As a leader in professional training, we draw on years of global experience to provide effective learning and development opportunities. Our courses are delivered by specialists who will support you on your professional journey.
Contact us today to book your place on our ISO 45001:2018 internal auditor training course.