Food safety and food hygiene intermediate training course from SGS – gain the knowledge and skills to ensure the highest levels of food hygiene in a catering establishment.
Updated to Include COVID-19 Information and Controls
This training course will provide you with the knowledge and skills regarding food safety and food hygiene that are necessary for ensuring that a catering establishment maintains the highest levels of hygiene and that the premises comply with the food safety regulations of the country where the business is situated. It covers topics such as the catering supply chain, design of the catering facility and legal obligations for food businesses and handlers.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course, you will have an understanding of:
- Food safety and food hygiene requirements
- The steps in the catering supply chain
- The importance of personal hygiene in the workplace
- Cleaning, waste and pest control
- The optimal design, layout and construction of a catering facility for ensuring the highest levels of food safety and food hygiene
- Legal obligations for food businesses and food handlers
- Key risk areas related to COVID-19 in the supply chain
- Assessment and control measures required to mitigate risks related to COVID-19
Learners who take this course are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of food safety controls and food hygiene requirements
- An understanding of hazards that can be present in the catering sector
- Familiarity with current national guidelines and legislative requirements related to COVID-19
It is recommended that learners have previously attended our food safety and food hygiene for catering basic training course.
Course duration: 1 day or 8 hours
Delivery methodology: face to face, virtual instructor-led (VILT) training
Learners who pass the examination will be issued a “Certificate of Successful Completion”. Learners who do not pass the examination but have been in attendance for the full duration of the course will be issued a “Certificate of Attendance”.
As a leader in professional training, we draw on years of global experience to provide effective learning and development opportunities. Our courses are delivered by specialists who will support you on your professional journey.
Contact us today to book your place on our food safety and food hygiene for catering intermediate training course.
6755 Mississauga Road, Suite 204,
, L5N 7Y2,
Mississauga, Ontario, CA-ON, Canada