SGS helps manufacturers, retailers, wholesalers, distributors and food service companies conduct a food supplier audit program to independently assess compliance across the supply chain.
Our experts can evaluate the compliance and performance of your suppliers against your chosen criteria and code of practice in addition to international standards.
Our auditors have the food industry and business knowledge needed to perform 2nd party food audits against your chosen criteria. Our supplier performance management service verifies that your suppliers meet your organization’s quality, food safety, environmental, occupational and social responsibility requirements. And thanks to our global network and expertise, we can conduct your food supplier audit(s) wherever your suppliers are based and without the need for you to develop and deploy equivalent internal resources.
In addition to providing these customized second party audit programs, we endorse the efforts of the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) to improve supply chain efficiency. The non-profit making foundation aims to achieve this by encouraging retailers and food service companies around the world to accept recognized third party audit standards, including:
- British Retail Consortium (BRC) – Global Food Standard 5
- Food Safety System Certification (FSSC) 22000
- ISO 22000 Food Safety Management Systems
- Publicly available specification (PAS) 220
- International Food Standard (IFS)
- Safe Quality Food Standard (SQF)
- Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP)
As well as improving your efficiency and profitability, our food supplier audit program helps your organization to:
- Validate or qualify your suppliers
- Achieve an increasingly compliant and consistently performing supplier network
- Meet your customer expectations
- Protect and enhance your brand(s)
- Develop more sustainable supplier and customer relationships
- Build a comprehensive traceability system
Our auditors will deliver the value that has made SGS the world’s preferred certification body and independent assessor. Find out how we can help ensure your brand is protected, and practices remain consistent, throughout your organization’s network.