Wearable technology – from multifunction watches and activity trackers, to GPS tracking devices and the batteries to power them, SGS supports product development and testing for this rapidly growing sector.
The terms smart wearable device (SWD), wearables and wearable technology all refer to self-contained devices with embedded sensors that are worn by the user to detect, diagnose, monitor and communicate the health and performance data of the user. From concept to final product testing, SGS provides cradle to grave solutions for this rapidly growing sector.
Portable and wearable devices are great, but it is critical that manufacturers understand the mandatory requirements that these products must incorporate. Common device categories are:
- Fitness and healthcare
- Home security and automation
- Smart clothing, shoes, helmets
To help manufacturers avoid costly development errors and products recalls, our consumer electrical and electronic goods experts ensure wearable technology products take into account:
- Product safety
- Materials – nickel release, chromium VI, brominated flame retardants, azo dyes, polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons, allergenic effects
- Components – battery testing
- Protocols – patent testing and approval on BT, WiFi, NFC, transportation safety UN 38.3, protocols, systems and social responsibility audit, inspection
- Performance testing – sensitivity (skin contact materials), index of protection, durability, experience on human interaction, physical world interaction, performance on dynamic access and interoperability of multi-functions
- Regulations – compliance for different countries
- Chemical – CE-RoHS, REACH, WEEE, battery directive
- RF – CE-R&TTE, FCC, A-tick, KC, Anatel, SRRC
- Safety – CE-LVD, battery safety
- Product specific scopes – hardlines, softlines, toys, etc.
Smart Test Plans
We can help you build a smart testing plan using your budget efficiently by avoiding unnecessary testing while still complying with all relevant regulatory and performance requirements. Our global network of testing laboratories is renowned for its expertise in the areas of product safety, wireless interoperability, wireless charging, energy efficiency, biocompatibility and medical regulatory requirements to name a few. We have robust capabilities for all types of wearable electronic products – Bluetooth®, wi-fi, battery operated, NFC, RFID, etc.
By working with a reliable compliance partner, manufacturers can mitigate risk and get the support and assistance needed to navigate the sea of regulatory requirements.
We support wearable technology products and accessories including:
- Sports/fitness devices
- Power banks/chargers
- Medical applications apparel
- Fashion accessories (e.g. wallets, watches)
Why choose SGS?
Our expertise in compliance management will help you make the right choices for different national markets, while carrying out the necessary testing and certification quickly and professionally.
Contact SGS today.
Flat No. 31 & 32, 3rd Floor, Building 256,
Road 3605, Area 336,