Ensure product consistency, stability and compliance. Comprehensive testing solutions to ensure cosmetics and personal care products remain stable during storage, transportation and use.
Your products are vulnerable during storage and transportation. Climate variation can result in damage and alteration, which could affect product compliance and consumer loyalty.
Are your cosmetic and personal care products stable?
Our global network of state-of-the-art laboratories offers stability testing on a wide range of products using real-time and/or accelerated ageing methodologies.
We evaluate your product’s stability against:
- Exposure to elevated environmental conditions for pre-defined periods of time
- Environmental cycling (freeze-thaw stability testing)
- Extreme or rapid temperature changes
- Photostability testing (real time and controlled conditions)
- Lighting impact on color, odor and overall appearance – products whose packaging allows the product to be exposed to light should undergo photostability testing: UV light resistance test
- Period-after-opening (PAO) determination – cosmetics with less than 30 months stability should undergo PAO determination
Why choose stability testing services from SGS?
SGS is recognized as the benchmark for quality and integrity. Wherever you operate in the world, we support you during every stage of your product’s development – from raw materials to end product – helping you to deliver safe, effective and compliant products to global markets.