SGS has published its first fully integrated annual report, a first for the TIC sector. With transparency and accountability critical to building trust with all our stakeholders, this report combines financial and non-financial results in a single document. It reflects the company’s commitment to providing meaningful information that can help stakeholders better understand our strategy, performance, governance and our impact on the planet.
The company made considerable progress in 2022. Against a backdrop of pandemics, global supply chain decoupling, inflation and social disconnection, we achieved many strategic milestones, including:
- Nearly 20% of laboratory revenue is now derived from SGS’s digital laboratories
- We are the first TIC company to have its 1.5° C and net-zero targets approved by the Science-Based Target initiative (SBTi)
- We have regained the leadership position in the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices (DJSI) World and Europe
- We now have 31.1% women in leadership positions
- 47.3% of our revenue comes under our sustainability solutions framework
- We have reduced our scope 1 and 2 emissions by 10.5% against a 2019 baseline
As SGS approaches the end of its 2023 plan it has made significant progress to align operations with the TIC megatrends that will drive its future. Since 2020, the company has been focusing on investment to consolidate its leadership position, to become the most digital company in the TIC industry and to increase its proportion of revenue from sustainability solutions. We are pleased to be able to demonstrate significant progress across all of these focus areas in the report.
The 2022 Integrated Report also has a strong focus on our people, the company’s employees. It contains inspirational stories that highlight the impact and the passion of the people who are working together to driving SGS’s purpose of building a better, safer and more interconnected world.
We are SGS – the world’s leading testing, inspection and certification company. We are recognized as the global benchmark for sustainability, quality and integrity. Our 97,000 employees operate a network of 2,650 offices and laboratories, working together to enable a better, safer and more interconnected world.