This certified course (17972-PR 315) will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to perform first-, second- and third-party audits of environmental management systems (EMS) against ISO 14001:2015 in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
On completion of this course, you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of an EMS and the business and societal benefits of improving environmental performance
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an EMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 where appropriate
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an EMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 14001 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO/IEC 17021-1 where appropriate)
In order to adapt to your learning style and needs, this course is available as Classroom Based or Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Depending on the selected method, this course can be delivered over 5 days, 40 hours or in shorter online sessions, and will conclude with an exam.
At the end of this course you will be required to pass both the examination and continuous assessment to be issued with a Certificate of Achievement that satisfies the formal training for an individual seeking certification as a CQI/IRCA lead auditor. This certificate is valid for five years from the date of the exam for the purpose of certification as an auditor with the CQI/IRCA.
Before starting the course, you are expected to have prior knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001, which may be gained by completing a CQI/IRCA certified EMS foundation training course, and knowledge of the concept of environmentally sustainable development whereby an organization must ensure that actions of today do not degrade the environment of the future including:
- The purpose of an initial review as the basis for establishing an EMS and the evaluation and establishment of activities, products and services associated with normal, abnormal and emergency operating conditions
- Considerations of environmental aspects and maintenance of ecosystems (watercourses, SSSIs etc.) with respect to:
- Emission and/or release to air, water and land, and energy lost e.g. heat, radiation, vibration, steam and compressed air
- Use of raw materials, natural resources and energy
- Public nuisance such as light pollution, noise, vibration and odor
- Environmental legislation and how legal compliance forms part of an EMS
- Methods for evaluation of significant impacts of the environmental aspects identified and how their ranking influences operations and improvement priorities
Trusted ISO 14001 Training from a Leading Course Provider
As a leader in professional training, we draw on years of global experience. Our courses are delivered in multiple languages and locations by approved tutors, specialists in the area who can support you on your professional journey.
Contact us today to enroll on the SGS Academy ISO 14001 EMS auditor/lead auditor training course.