Learn how to perform first-, second- and third-party audits of an ISO 5001:2018 energy management system (EnMS).
This certified course (2142-PR 366) will provide you with the knowledge and skills required to perform first-, second- and third-party audits of EnMS against ISO 50001:2018, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021, as applicable.
On completion of this training course, you will be able to:
- Describe the purpose of an EnMS, EnMS standards, EnMS audit and third-party certification
- Explain the role of an auditor in the planning, conduct, reporting and follow up for an EnMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021-1, where appropriate
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an EnMS audit to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 50001:2018 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO/IEC 17021-1 where appropriate)
In order to adapt to your learning style and needs, this course is available as Classroom Based or Virtual Instructor Led Training (VILT). Depending on the selected method, this course can be delivered over 5 days, 40 hours or in shorter online sessions, and will conclude with an exam.
To complete this course successfully you will be required to pass both an examination and continuous assessment to be issued with a Certificate of Achievement that satisfies the formal training for an individual seeking certification as a CQI/IRCA lead auditor. This certificate is valid for five years from the date of the exam for the purpose of your certification as an auditor with the CQI/IRCA.
Before starting the course, you are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
- Management systems:
- An understanding of the requirements and the commonly used terms and definitions within ISO 50001:2018, this can be gained by completing a CQI/IRCA Certified ISO 50001 Foundation (EnMS) Training course (or equivalent)
- The plan-do-check-act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the associated interrelationships including, energy policy and planning
- Energy management:
- The principles of fuel combustion, heat transfer and energy flow
- The relevant sources of energy regulations, guidelines and standards
- The typical methods and technologies for increasing efficiency, the impact of organizational processes and the EnPIs used for monitoring performance measurement
- Energy measurement units, sources, costs, tariffs and scheduling using data analysis methods
- Electricity use: motors, drives, lighting, computers
Trusted ISO 50001 Training from a Leading Course Provider
As a leader in professional training, we draw on years of global experience. Our courses are delivered in multiple languages and locations by approved tutors, specialists in the area who can support you on your professional journey.
Contact us today to enroll on the SGS Academy ISO 50001 EnMS auditor/lead auditor training course.
SGS Building, Street no. N 203,
Jebel Ali Free Zone North,
Dubai, United Arab Emirates