Training Services ISO 14001:2004 – EMS Lead Auditor Training with Exemplar Global Competency Exams
ISO 14001:2004 lead auditor training from SGS – learn how to conduct and lead an environmental management system audit against the ISO 14001:2004 standard, with the potential to achieve certification under the Exemplar Global Auditor Certification Scheme.
This training course enables participants to develop the knowledge, skills and practical tool-kit to effectively lead environmental management system (EMS) audit teams, according to ISO 14001 and ISO 19011.
What will you learn?
On completion of this course, you will:
- Understand the application of environmental management principles, science, and technology
- Understand the application of environmental systems to different operational processes
- Know how to assess the risk of significant environmental impacts and activities identified in the context of the organization's EMS management system
- Be able to assess the effectiveness of methodologies to control environmental hazards
- Be able to assess the EMS roles and responsibilities within the context of the organizational environment
- Know how to determine the adequacy and effectiveness of the EMS
- Understand the application of the principles, procedures and methods of auditing
- Understand how to conduct of an effective audit in the context of the auditee's organizational situation
- Understand the application of the regulations, and other considerations that are relevant to the audit, the management system and the conduct of the audit
- Be able to practice personal behaviors necessary for the effective and efficient conduct of a management system audit
- Know how to establish and plan the activities of an effective audit team
- Know how to communicate effectively with the auditee and audit client
- Be able to organize and direct audit team members
- Be able to prepare and complete an audit report
This course is aimed at:
- Internal auditors
- EMS auditors, including lead and business improvement auditors
- Principal auditors
- Those working within quality management systems who wish to expand their auditing capabilities
Recognition of Current Competence and Recognition of Prior Learning is available. Please contact us to learn more.
Exemplar Global Competency Unit Certification
Participants may choose to take the Exemplar Global TPECS Competency Unit exams in conjunction with this training course. Examinees who demonstrate competence on the exams will receive an Exemplar Global Certificate of Attainment for the following competency units:
- Exemplar Global – EM – Environmental Management Systems
- Exemplar Global – AU – Management Systems Auditing
- Exemplar Global – TL – Leading Management Systems Audit Team
To earn a Certificate of Attainment, examinees must successfully complete a written exam for each competency unit, and a role play exam for the AU competency unit.
SGS is an Exemplar Global Certified TPECS Provider for the EM, AU and TL competency units. As a leader in professional training, we draw on years of global experience. Our courses are delivered by specialists who will support you on your professional journey.
Contact us today to book your place on our ISO 14001:2004 EMS internal auditor training course.