Sustainability Anti-Corruption Monitoring
Monitoring from SGS – demonstrate that your integrity program is complete and effective and improve your reputation with international financial institutions.
International financial institutions, such as the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the African Development Bank, expect companies to be committed to preventing fraud, corruption, collusion and coercion. The demonstration of a commitment to integrity is an important part of these institutions’ bidding processes.
If you have previously disclosed integrity issues or if you have been sanctioned, these institutions will expect you to show that your company has implemented a complete and effective integrity program. You may be asked to monitor your program and conduct an external review of its contents and its implementation throughout your organization.
Why use monitoring from SGS?
Monitoring allows you to evaluate the design, implementation and effectiveness of your integrity program. It provides you with the information you need to create improvements to your systems.
SGS provides a monitoring service that normally lasts for three years. During that time, we provide annual reviews of your integrity program and reports to financing institutions.
The three annual reviews are as follows:
- First – focuses on understanding your organization, its exposure to risk and its existing integrity program
- Second – looks at the implementation of your program in daily activities and special projects, especially those involving international financial institutions
- Third – determines whether the program is complete and properly implemented
In our reviews, we examine:
- Exposure to risk
- Degree of commitment at the highest level
- Policies and processes
- Awareness and training of employees and relevant partners
- Channels for seeking guidance
- Alert systems and methods for investigating integrity issues
- Internal controls, including internal and external audits
Unrivaled experience in monitoring management systems
SGS has extensive experience in management system evaluations, including collaborations with the World Bank Integrity Vice Presidency (INT). Our team of auditors, legal experts and former compliance officers has the knowledge and skills to make practical recommendations in line with international standards.
Contact us today to find out how our monitoring services can provide reassurance that your business is committed to integrity.