Functional Safety for EE Products and Factory Sites
How can you achieve maximum coverage of your electrical/electronic (EE) products and your factory sites with regard to malfunction and product liability claims?
The development of EE products and systems with safety-relevant functions makes special demands of manufacturers. Functional safety needs to be included at every stage of the design and production process to ensure the overall safety of a system and its compliance to all relevant standards.
Risk reduction is main focus of the entire safety lifecycle, from a product or system’s concept and development through to the end of its useful life. To achieve the requisite product safety and prevent potential product liability claims, your work must be based on state-of-the-art technology (e.g. according to IEC 61508, ISO 26262, IEC 61511, ISO 13849 and so on).
Develop effective functional safety solutions supported by a global leader
Our SGS Global Competence Center SGS-TÜV Saar GmbH in Germany is an accredited body and our numerous expert teams can help you nationally and internationally to mitigate risks related to failures and product liability claims. We are accredited for functional safety according to ISO/IEC 17025 and are a notified body for machine safety.
Our range of functional safety services includes:
- Training & personal qualification – providing a broad range of public and in-house courses
- Consultancy – covering the full scope of functional safety, from concept to end-of-life
- Safety Analytics – identifying faults and solutions to maximize safety, using methodologies such as:
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Failure Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Markov Analysis
- Reliability Block Diagram (RBD)
- Assessment, Testing and Certification – evaluating concepts, systems, products and processes and issuing conformity/audit reports, certificates and test marks, as required
- Special Automotive: providing Safety Manager
We specialize in the following industrial sectors:
- Household appliances
- Agriculture and forestry
- Machine safety
- Medical technology
- Process industry
To assist in the further development of the science and technology involved in functional safety we are active in the relevant standard committees e.g. those concerning IEC 61508 and ISO 26262.
Contact SGS-TÜV Saar now to find out how our functional safety services can support you.