Public Sector PAS 2050 - Carbon Footprint
To impress your organization’s environmental credentials on customers, consumers and shareholders, you must demonstrate and effectively communicate your greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
- +41 22 739 91 11
Your stakeholders expect the organization to comply with environmental standards and demonstrate commitment to reducing the impact of daily operations.
PAS 2050 a publicly available specification, will help. It enables you to measure the environmental impact of your organization’s activities, products and services and measure their lifecycle GHG emissions.
SGS can help your organization meet these carbon footprint standards. Our audit and assessment can lead to competitive advantage, increased customer confidence and even manage the lifecycle GHG emissions of suppliers.
Implementing PAS 2050:2008 will help you:
- Manage GHG emissions from plants and suppliers, as a reference to reduce GHG emissions in future
- Get a competitive advantage as companies increasingly request this data to produce their own life cycle assessments
- Provide a low-carbon and green design concept, reduce the use of raw materials, and increase the use of low-carbon suppliers
- Meet customer expectations in order to lead the market and raise consumers’ environmental awareness
- Gain consumer confidence through publicly reported claims of conformity and communication of results
- Provide a springboard for the carbon label application in future
- Allow the use of the independent verification mark in marketing and communications
- Support internal actions taken to reduce emissions through investigation of alternate product configurations, alternative raw materials and processes, and identification of emissions hotspots
Contract SGS to assess the energy reduction solutions across your organization and supply chain and meet the PAS 2050 “Carbon Footprint” standard. The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is working on a new standard for the Carbon Footprint of Products – ISO 14067.
We are also the global leader in ISO 14001:2004 certification and ISO 14064:2006 validation/verification.