Performance on Managing Integrity
GRI Content: G4-16, G4-34, G4-50, G4-EC4, G4-EN31, G4-EN34, G4-LA16, G4-HR1, G4-HR3, G4-HR5, G4-HR6, G4-HR8, G4-HR12, G4-HR14, G4-SO6, G4-SO7, G4-SO8, G4-PR2, G4-PR4, G4-PR7, G4-PR8, G4-PR9, G4-SO5, G4-SO11
Financial assistance received from Governments and in-kind contributions to political parties
We do not receive any significant financial assistance from governments. We do benefit from incentives in the form of grants from certain government schemes, for example, energy saving incentives, but these are of low value.
We also have a neutral position towards development of public policy to ensure its impartiality, for this reason, we do not provide any financial or in-kind support given directly or indirectly to political parties, their elected representatives, or persons seeking political office.
However, this information is based on our global information gathering system. Nevertheless, we are either not aware of any significant incentives granted by governments or either any financial aid granted to political parties at local level during 2015.
Anti-competitive behavior, anti-trust and monopoly practices
In 2015 we have not identified any legal actions related to anti-competitive behavior, anti-trust, and monopoly practices.This information is based on our global information gathering system (the helplines). However, we are not aware of any significant incidents of this type at a local level during 2015.
Non-compliance with regulations and voluntary codes
In 2015 we have not identified through any incidents of non-compliance with regulations or voluntary codes concerning:
- Health and safety impacts of our products and services
- Product and service information and labeling
- Marketing communications, including advertising, promotion, and sponsorship
This information is based on our global information gathering system (the helplines1). However, we are not aware of any significant incidents of these types reported at a local level during 2015.
Violations of SGS Code of Integrity
- During 2015, the upward trend in the number of cases being reported via our integrity helplines continued, as awareness of our Code of Integrity and our reporting mechanisms improved
- 245 integrity issues were reported via our integrity helplines and a total of 169 investigations were conducted. In particular:
- 31 incidents reported involved breaches of the Code of Integrity. These resulted in 9 confirmed incidents in which employees were dismissed
- No human rights, labor practices, environmental and societal impacts grievances were reported
- There were no reported violations of the rights of indigenous people
- There was one single case of discrimination reported via our helplines
- There were 4 confirmed cases of corruption were recorded. Of these, none resulted in public legal cases brought against the Company or against SGS employees
- No operations were identified as having a significant risk of incidences of child labor, forced or compulsory labor, or where the right to exercise freedom of association may be violated
- In 2015 we have not identified any complaints regarding breaches of customer privacy and losses of customer data. This information is based on our global information gathering system gathering system (the helplines1). However, we are not aware of any significant incidents of this type at a local level during 2015
- In 2015 we have not identified the payment or imposition of any significant fines for non-compliance with laws and regulations in 2015, either concerning the provision and use of products and services across the organization. This information is based on our global information gathering system (the helplines1). However, we are not aware of any significant incidents of this type at a local level during 2015
1 “Helplines” means channels used by employees and external parties to report suspected violations of the Code of integrity and submitted online, by phone call, sent via fax, email or post
The content of this webpage has been verified and assured.