GRI Content: G4-34, G4-35, G4-36, G4-37, G4-42, G4-43, G4-44, G4-48, G4-49
The Board of Directors is responsible for the ultimate direction of the Group. Led by the Chairman of the Board of Directors (a non-executive role), the Chairman’s duties include approving top-level strategy and policies (including those that affect sustainability risks), determining the remuneration of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), and setting our mission and values.
The Board is supported by:
- The Audit Committee – reviews risk management, regulatory compliance and internal controls
- The Professional Conduct Committee – sets and implements our professional conduct policies
- The Group Chief Compliance Officer – implements the compliance program based on the SGS Code of Integrity
- The Nomination and Remuneration Committee – reviews the compensation of the Operation Council members (excluding the CEO)
- The Operations Council (OC) – responsible for the operational management of the Group. Chaired by the CEO, who has ultimate responsibility for our operational integrity and sustainability performance, the OC is responsible for the approval and implementation of business strategy, including approving sustainability policies, strategies and targets
Strong governance structures underpin the delivery of our sustainability strategy. The Sustainability Steering Committee, a sub-group of the Operations Council, oversees and approves our sustainability strategy. The Board of Directors reviews sustainability risks as part of the annual Board risk review.
Our general governance structures and processes are described in more detail in the SGS Annual Report.
The content of this webpage has been verified and assured.
The OC is supported by the Sustainability Steering Committee. The Committee meets twice yearly to develop our sustainability strategy, review our management approach and performance, and agree on core programs and targets. Chaired by the CEO, the Committee comprises 13 Chief Operating Officers, Executive Vice Presidents and Senior Vice Presidents across our regions.
Led by the Vice President Corporate Sustainability, who reports to the CEO, the Corporate Sustainability team develops the Group’s sustainability policies, strategies and targets, in consultation with the Sustainability Steering Committee. The team oversees and reviews our core sustainability management system and materiality process, measures and reports sustainability performance through the Green Book, liaises with external stakeholders and has supported the affiliates in improving performance through over 1,000 sustainability projects since 2011.