Skip to Menu Skip to Search Contact Us Global Websites & Languages Skip to Content

Cabinda Gulf Oil Company Limited (Chevron), awarded SGS Korea the project inspection services contract for their Tombua-Landana project in Angola. This contract will be for the supply of contractor personnel (Technical Staffing Services - TSS) between 2006 and 2009 where services will be supplied in Korea, Angola, USA, UK, Netherlands, France, Norway and Italy.  SGS Korea will act as the overall managing affiliate for the contract with support from the TSS Competence Centre in the UK.

The Tombua-Landana development, recently approved by the Block 14 contractor group and the government of Angola, will be Chevron's third operated deepwater development offshore Angola. The 46-well project, located 50 miles (80 kilometers) offshore in more than 1,200 feet (369 meters) of water, will employ a compliant piled tower with one subsea centre. The projected peak production from the completed development is approximately 100,000 barrels per day by 2010.

From 2006 to 2009, SGS (TSS) will supply all of the required personnel for the inspections services contract, including engineers, HSE inspectors, coordinators and administration staff in various locations including Korea, USA, Angola, The Netherlands, France, U.K. and Italy. Chevron has estimated a work requirement exceeding 1000 man-months and TSS has already mobilized ten contractors on a pre-contract assignment, with the peak work period expected to occur between mid 2007 and mid 2008. Total client budget for this service is USD29 million.

TSS Korea will manage the Korea portion (approximately 40% of the contract volume), and TSS CC UK will manage the remaining 60% of the contract volume, with support from SGS affiliates in Angola and the USA. SGS may also perform vendor source inspections for the package items primarily in USA, Europe and worldwide locations.