Mining Core Services
SGS knows the value of your core and we have the technical and logistical skills to partner with you to manage it. Our core services can help you document and maintain the value of this important component of your project.
- +41 22 739 91 11
We offer integrated support at every stage of exploration, development and operations. We know the importance and value of your core – what it represents today and in the future, as your project progresses. Diligent care and use of this key resource includes ensuring:
- Proper handling practices
- Effective documentation of as many chemical and physical parameters as possible
- Maintenance of chain of custody for core, chips, data and samples
SGS’s technical activities and supervision skills are globally accepted by financers, environmental agencies and the international mining community. We bring these capabilities to you, your project, and your site with our core services package.
When you partner with us for core services, you, your stakeholders and your financers will know that this valuable resource and all the data derived from it is in trustworthy hands.
There is a competitive edge here for you. Our core services can be integrated at your site in an on-site lab or facility, at a regional location or in a local SGS sample preparation site. Ask us about:
Site-based core testing and documentation
- Core and chip photography
- Hyperspectral imaging to provide first pass mineralogy and alteration zone targeting
- Core and chip logging
- Rock quality and specific gravity data (RQD and SG)
- Mineral staining
- Logging other physical criteria (e.g. gamma, magnetic, radiation)
Logistics related to core logistics - handling, management, storage
- Chain of custody
- Core splitting/sawing
- Sample submission
- Core storage facility management and operation
- Management of core or chip logs and analytical data
- Health and safety (field, air and in facility)
- Management and storage of field equipment, samples and analytical pulps
Contact your local SGS office today for further details.