Life Sciences Sialic Acid Analysis
Sialic acid analysis from SGS – a powerful technique to help you identify and quantify sialic acid species in your biopharmaceutical product.
- +41 22 739 91 11
Effective analysis of glycoproteins and carbohydrates is essential during all phases of your drug development process. Our sialic acid analysis helps you to determine the identities and quantities of the sialic acid species present in your biopharmaceutical product, an important analysis since sialic acid content may influence serum half-life.
Why choose sialic acid analysis from SGS?
We offer a range of techniques, including sialic acid determination, and sialic acid quantification, N-Acetylneuraminic acid (NeuAc) and N-Glycolylneuraminic acid (NeuGc) testing to help you:
- Conduct an initial investigation prior to more detailed analysis of the glycosylation of the product
- Determine and quantify sialic acid species, such as NeuAc and NeuGc
- Screen glycoproteins manufactured using different cell lines
- Demonstrate consistency between batches for release during the manufacturing process
- Meet International Conference on Harmonization of Technical Requirements for Registration of Pharmaceuticals for Human Use ICH Q6B requirements for characterization and confirmation of biopharmaceuticals for new marketing applications
Trusted sialic acid analysis from the leading provider
As the world’s leading provider of sialic acid analysis, we bring the experience, technical and regulatory expertise, and the unique global network you need.
This analysis is performed using High Performance Anion Exchange Chromatography with Pulsed Amperometric Detection (HPAEC-PAD).
Contact us today to find out more about our sialic acid analysis.