Industrial Manufacturing Functional Safety
Functional safety services from SGS – provide your staff with knowledge and ensure that your products and/or systems are safe and comply with the relevant international standards.
- +49 89 787475 271
Our functional safety experts help develop components, products and safety processes featuring safety-relevant functions that comply with the appropriate international standards, including IEC 61508, ISO 26262, ISO 13849, IEC 61511 and more. This minimizes your risk by reducing the likelihood of product liability claims, while simultaneously fostering your reputation for safety and quality.
The SGS-TÜV functional safety team, as an accredited body for functional safety and as notified body for machinery, operates globally to ensure that your products and systems are safe and ready for world markets. We provide consultancy on the requirements of the established standards, as well as court-proof certificates regarding product safety.
Our range of functional safety services includes:
- Training & Personal qualification – providing a broad range of public and company-specific (in-house) courses for functional safety specialists, those responsible for quality, developers, managers and jurists
- Consultancy – covering the full scope of functional safety, from concept to end-of-life
Safety Analytics – identifying faults and solutions to maximize safety, using methodologies such as:
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (FMEA)
- Failure Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Markov Analysis
- Reliability Block Diagram (RBD)
- Assessments, Audits and Certification – evaluating (and reporting on) concepts, systems, products and processes and issuing assessment/audit reports, certificates and test marks, as required
Furthermore, we offer a broad range of services with regard to IT security, based on our IEC 62443 (Industrial Security) accreditation. We can meet all your safety and security needs.
We cover all ISO 26262 requirements (e.g. Safety Assessments and Safety Audits) and can also act as a Safety Manager on your behalf.
We provide functional safety services to various industrial sectors, including:
- Agriculture and forestry
- Medical technology
- Process industry
In all cases, we can apply our expertise and knowledge to the functional safety of your product development processes and/or provide your staff with the necessary instruction.