Forest Management Certification: Current Opportunities and Challenges
View our complimentary webinar to gain an overview and understanding of developments in the field of forest management certification and stay up to date with opportunities and challenges.
June 12, 2017
June 12, 2017
Actors in the field of forest management certification are facing important new developments. The FSC® Principles and Criteria (P&C) has been revised and Version 5 has been approved. Forest Management Standards in each country must now be transferred to these P&C. New rules regarding intact forest landscapes are also presenting major challenges for certification in some areas.
Additional developments include the FSC transparent forest initiative, the FSC highly hazardous pesticide list and the revision of PEFC™ Forest Management accreditation and certification rules.
This webinar will provide attendees with the knowledge they need to address the new changes successfully.
- New FSC® forest management requirements (IGI) and implementation at the local level (National Forest Stewardship Standards)
- Concerns about FSC intact forest landscape policies: practical problems and discussions
- FSC Transparent Forest initiative: lessons learned
- FSC highly hazardous pesticide list HHP: clarifications
- PEFC™ revision of forest management accreditation and certification rules
This webinar will be introduced by Christian Kobel (SGS Global Business Manager Forestry, Timber & Paper) and topics will be presented by Gerrit Marais (SGS Accreditation Expert Forestry, Timber & Paper).
The webinar is aimed at:
- Individuals and organizations owning or managing forests
- Stakeholders interested in forest management and forest management certification
- Consultants involved with forest management and forest management certification
- Individuals and organizations involved with the supply and trade of timber, paper and other forest products
For more information, please contact:
Senior Global Marketing Manager
t: +1 201 508 3000